Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Why i say rep. risa is a "blessed heroine" (ATTN: Erik V.)

FOR ERIK VILLANUEVA (and other friends):It’s taking me too long to finish my answer to you about my description of ms. risa hontiveros. Laging may kulang sa naisusulat ko na; I don’t find my descriptions so far doing her justice, kaya I can’t post it yet as my full answer to you. Pero I would like immediately to at least partially quench your curiosity about the binomial term I have been using to describe her: “Blessed Heroine,” kaya heto na muna:

1. Her being a heroine in my view comes from her consistent predisposition to take the cudgels for the marginalized sectors in our society, to be firm and even fierce (albeit non-violently so) to promote and protect their (our?) interests and rights, willing to face great inconveniences, politician insults, and even truncheons and water cannons. And as I understand it, her love for the least of our brethren, the marginalized Filipinos, is the concrete expression of her great love for our Inang Bayan.

2. About her being “blessed,” She has long been blessed with spiritual maturity, manifested in her equanimity, humility and very approachable nature, it would take so much to get her angry (unless it’s the people’s interests being jeopardized) and her being very forgiving and broadminded.

Some people who have been privileged to get to know her better than I ever can should think seriously about helping write a book about her. It would be a great book mainly because of the subject herself and her attributes. And it would also be a very precious inspirational book for Filipinos and non-Filipinos alike for very educational reading and very challenging emulation.
cheers!
ed/ding reyes
subic, zambales

No comments: